When you come in to see us for Carnegie Dentures, we’re only to happy to give you all the information you need. Whether you have full or partial dentures, there are a few techniques you should learn so you can keep them free from stains and clean.
Here’s a few tips from our Carnegie Dentures Team.
- It’s important to remove any food particles and other loose debris from your dentures after you eat. That means you should take them out and rinse them with water. It’s also a good idea to put a towel on the counter beside the sink. That way your dentures won’t break if you drop them.
- Handling your dentures is another aspect of keeping them in good shape. We recommend you handle them carefully taking special care not to damage or bend the clasps or plastic. While our Carnegie Dentures are durable, you want to treat them with respect.
- It’s also a good idea to take a few minutes and clean your mouth after you’ve taken your dentures out. Make sure to remove any adhesive from your gums. Use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean the inside of your mouth and your tongue.
- It’s also a good practice to make sure you brush your dentures daily. Using a nonabrasive cleanser is the best way to get rid of deposits like food particles and plaque. Cleaning the grooves that fit up against your gums will get rid of any remaining adhesive.
- We also recommend that you soak your Carnegie dentures at night. The reason for this is quite simple. Keeping your dentures moist will make sure they keep their shape. You can use a solution or just put the dentures in a glass of water and let them soak overnight. Remember to read any instructions from the manufacturer on solutions.
- Keeping up with a routine of regular dental checkups is also important. We can recommend how often you should come in and have your dentures examined. We can also establish a routine for professional cleanings.
If you’ve got questions about your dentures or any other aspect of your dental health, we can help. Our team has over 40 years of experience. In that time, we have seen thousands of patients. One of the things that separates us from other clinics is the high level of Carnegie Dentures follow up care we provide.