When you need to have a procedure like Carnegie dental fillings done, you can count on us. We’ve been looking after your family’s teeth for over 40 years. In all that time, we’ve been able to put together some interesting information on various subjects.
We want you to know that our Carnegie dental fillings team is professional and friendly. We guarantee our results and can help you identify other issues like tooth sensitivity. That said, here’s a few surprising reasons why your teeth might be sensitive.
- The food you eat could be the culprit. For example, hard and acidic foods can actually harm the enamel on your teeth. Sports drinks, fruits and even citrus can contribute to those sharp pains that you feel.
- Even though it might be a nice relief on a hot day, chewing ice can also contribute to tooth sensitivity. The American dental Association has flagged it as one of the reasons that you can crack enamel and grind your teeth down.
- Gum disease can be another reason. If your gums start to receipt away from the base of your teeth, sensitivity usually follows.
- Pregnancy is another reason for sensitivity that you might not have imagined. Hormonal changes involved can affect your oral hygiene and can lead to some kinds of pain and discomfort.
- Digestive issues. Acid reflux and even some eating disorders like bulimia can be the culprits leading to tooth sensitivity as well.
- Cold weather can trigger one of the twinges you feel too. This usually happens when you’ve suffered some kind of gum recession at the same time.
- Finally, stress is another reason that you can suffer from this problem. If you’re in the middle of a situation that makes you anxious, you can grind your teeth. This in turn can wear the enamel down and even make you more susceptible. We can spot these issues and others when our patients come in for Carnegie dental fillings and other treatments.
Carnegie Dental Group finds itself on being an informational resource and outstanding Melbourne family dentist. If you take a minute to go over our services, you’ll see that we offer a variety of treatments as your children grow up and you get older.
If you’re looking for Carnegie dental fillings specifically, we are here to treat you today.